Saturday, October 08, 2005

Not So Sweet, Sweet Sorrows

To the White Sox: Congratulations. You deserved it. You fought hard. You shut the Red Sox down.

I have to be honest, my heart kind of went out to the White Sox when they won. Not expecting for the Red Sox to win, I had a new perspective on what it all meant for Chicago fans. And I'd have support no matter what happened, I truely was smiling as they layed the squeeze bunt down.

This game is so beautiful, and I still wear my Sox hat as proud today as I did just a year ago.

I find it hard not to evaluate what the Sox should do this off season. But that takes away from where the game is right now: on its way to crowning a new champion, and unfortunately it will not be the Boston Red Sox.

We're all fighting with how to deal with this and what do do with the extra 3 hours a day we now have. Homework??? Right.

It does hurt that it wont be us this year, but in some ways its not so bad I guess. As I said previously, baseball is about more than winning the World Series.

4 Comments:

At 9:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry the sox lost... i wanted another great yanks sox series

 
At 11:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

maybe we need less "support" and a better team

 
At 8:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

or you could use those extra three hours and watch the yankees win the world series :)

 
At 11:34 PM, Blogger Lowie said...

when will that be? the third tuesday of next week?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home