Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Ongoing Rants

TUESDAY
After my exhausting Theology test I flustered into breakfast only to overhear a discsussion about my favorite topic in the world: Relationships.

Perhaps its my bitterness that December is still 2 months away, but hearing about cuddling during a movie you didn't want to watch just doesn't do it for me at 9:15 AM.

"it was sooo cute just like Luke and Loreli watching a movie"
"you're shitting me right? you did not just compare your relationship to Gilmore Girls!!!!"
"yes I di---"
"--that's straight up pathetic"
"Not as pathetic as your obsession with the Red Sox"
"Oh common I'm not obsessed...... besides they are at least REAL PEOPLE"

It wasnt long after that hot rage I entered chapel only to be surrrounded by a multitude of Sox and Yankees "fans" I felt like throwing up. I've never seen so many hats worn.

Lovely, support your team for making the playoffs again, I groaned.The sight of it made me sick so my rage continued... and in continued mockery of alcohol week, hispanic heritage month, and lord knows what else Messiah has planned I insisted on announcing to all those in earshot that it was officially Bandwagon Fan Day here at Messiah College.

Sneering at me Gilmore Relationship Girl said "Did you ever think that perhaps it isnt thought through when someone puts on a hat in the morning"

I still don't understand exactly what she means... because

"Wearing a hat is the biggest decision you make in the morning. Wearing your hat is exposing your freaking soul to the world. Your soul shouldn't change with the wind and neither should your hat"

I mean okay guys its nice you want to support your team and all but why the heck werent you wearing a hat 4 months ago? Why now when they made the post season? And finally why not today after they lost 14-2 last night?

Now I will give credit... the 2 real sox fans who always got their crap going still have their stuff on. I need to meet them.

Anyway. My furies are neverending right now.


Speaking with my Mom the other night she told me of how when I was younger I would tip the checkers board over if I was losing. How I fought the schol when I was unfairly shut out of a stupid award due to biases and lies told by a teacher.I laughed looking back on all this because its true.

As my Mom always says about me:
More than I love winning I hate losing, and more than I hate losing I hate unfairness and unequality.

I hate it. I really do. Why? Because its absolute crap. Straight up CRAP. I don't even know what isn't crap anymore actually, well besides the fact that I love the Sox.

I guess what I'm getting at through all this jumble is wear your Sox hat, wear your MFY crap. I don't care. Insult me. Hate me. Find me arrogant, confident, true, or a bullshitter, I don't care.

I am comfortable. I am proud. I do hate. But I also Love - well the Sox at least. But above all that, just like Arroyo, the only nickname I want is 2005 World Series Champs.

Attack me for my love. Come up with bullshit quotes to show you're right. Go for it. Seriously, Go for it. But don't sit there wondering what I'm going to say because its going to be the same day in and day out.

I LOVE THE SOX and this year is crap. I'm sick of gloating yankees fans... and the crap they throw at me....I guess we sox fans should take care in the fact that for the yankees it was...

"Not their best season. Not their smoothest. And certainly not the biggest title for a franchise that has 26 World Series championships in its illustrious past. Yet somewhere in the spray of champagne in the visitors' clubhouse at Fenway Park on Saturday was the satisfaction that these Yankees came farther to win this AL East championship than any New York team since Bucky Dent popped one into the net here in 1978."-Jimmy Golen (convienently passed along to me by an MFY - thanks for making yourself look more intelligent than you already did...and thanks for helping me prove my point once again)

So guys dont worry, for those MFY's this one MEANS more because they had to overcome so much like a 200+ million dollar salary... I would personally like to offer to overcome that burden for themI mean seriously gag me ... if 1996 didnt mean more to the yankees than this I'll give out free beer to all of fenway... and theres a real fiscal burden.

Whine about that all you want you MFYs... and as I said attack me for my passion and my love. Come up with bullshit quotes to show you're right. Go for it. Seriously, Go for it. But don't sit there wondering what I'm going to say because its going to be the same day in and day out. I LOVE THE SOX.

1 Comments:

At 12:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And the church choir said to the preacher, Amen!

--bosoxfinsfan--

 

Post a Comment

<< Home