Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Scrambled Eggs in October? NO WAY!

Ahhhh the sweet smell of autumn. Walking across campus this morning you could just smell it. The trees have just started to turn but still provide enough cover for a crow to be hidden from most of the word.

Passing the evergreens that are brown from the lack of rain I groan thinking raiiiiinn we should have gotten some instead of Boston.

Suddenly the beautiful smells are musked - ughhh Lottie is making scrambled eggs again. Just as any good morning my brain searches for an analogy...

The Yankees are our scrambled eggs ... musking October for us...

yeahhh reaaaal deep lowie... So much for writing at 7 A.M.

Watchin Fever Pitch I was struck as Ben and Lindsey said the following at Fenway as she meets the crew he usually sits with:

Lindsey: its quite a little group you got here
Ben: well its my summer family

Nothing could have struck me more. My summer family. The Sox. The Fans. The Team...

Its a beautiful thing that I can walk through a city and converse randomly with someone just because of the B donned on their cap... but it is even more beautiful that I have a Sox Family - a group of people from New England, Messiah, the UK, and of course Flordia that I can enjoy every day with win or lose - the people that keep me somewhat sane throughout the 162 game season. The people who struggle with lameday or mlb.tv or wntk just like me and turn to alternate sources such as "deepday" for a quicker source of knowledge. Its crazy but true -we are a Red Sox family. This summer family was great.

One problem with that term is SUMMER!!!

I'm not saying we should be a family in January... I am however saying an October Sox family would be nice....

So double up those Blue Jays!!!!!

GO SOX!

3 Comments:

At 4:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

awesome shmausome

 
At 6:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, loving the blog, glad that us guy's across the pond get a mention. Keep up the great blog, and see you in the Sox chat. GO SOX.

 
At 7:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i dont like eggs...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home