Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Serious Depression

Halloween and the Indian Summer have come, but the days of baseball are gone. April cannot come soon enough with the pormise of a new start, without Theo.

Right now my life is void of the 3 hour distraction a day that is Boston Baseball. I actually am finding myself do the unthinkable: studying, doing homework, and research for papers on the Endangered Species Act.

Watching highlight reels, taped games, and Faith Rewarded over and over again just does not fill the hole within my heart. I find myself reading MLB.COM, bostondirtdogs.com and Soxaholix.com like it's my job. I know much more about Mike Timlin's feelings about the White Sox winning than I ever wanted. And, no matter how much I attempt to fill the void with badmitton and post-season discussion it just doesn't work.

Lowie: " I really like sports"
Jackie: "REEAAALLYY? I had NO idea"
Lowie: "Yeah, just thought I should let you know"

I DO like sports, but I love my baseball. I'm addicted to this "game." It's more than just a game to me. Sure, once a week I sit down and enjoy a football game, but it is just not the same as baseball.

For the next few months I will do as all and fill my emptiness with whatever I can. Maybe the next few months will be filled with other passion and inspiration. And between that and the thought of April I'll make it through taking comfort in the thought that Spring Training starts in a mere 120 days.

3 Comments:

At 8:32 PM, Blogger Lowie said...

lol well hey at least I know SOMEONE on this massively huge mind boggling planet listens to something I say...

Speaking of being sick to your stomach - I'm sick to mine over the snubbing of Manny and Mueller and Cabby for gold gloves.

 
At 8:33 PM, Blogger Lowie said...

I made a bet that if the Sox lost the division I would go to therapy. I maintain they tied, but if I'm forced to uphold the bet perhaps you'll get me out of my requirement.

 
At 8:20 AM, Blogger Lowie said...

you know... you have no sense of what can be taken in WHAT way stouters

 

Post a Comment

<< Home