Friday, September 09, 2005

Bandwagoners!

Ever see someone donning sox apparel and start a conversation only to be disappointed in realizing they don't know papa jack about the team?

I have and its one of the most depressing occurrences in my life that seems to repeat continuously. I know you can be a fan without following the team - and that's okay - but the bandwagoners? All I have to say is I hope the wagon hits a rock and tumbles off a cliff so they all land in Yankee stadium.

Here's a helpful list for all you real Sox fans:

10 ways to tell a Bandwagon Sox fan

  1. They are wearing a new BLUE and/or RED hat
  2. Mention Dom DiMaggio and they go DiMaggio - didn't he play for the yanks?
  3. Fisk - he isn't pudge - Ivan Rod is!
  4. They think Curt Schilling is still good
  5. They don't know who Jon Papelbon, Hanley Ramirez, or Jacoby Elsbury are
  6. The only championship they know of is 2004
  7. The Names of Boone and Dent bring about the question - Did they play for the Sox too?
  8. They ask why is VTEK out while Wakefield is pitching
  9. They think it is called pesky's pole because its awfully "Pesky"
  10. They are wearing a (pink) Damon Tee-shirt

2 Comments:

At 3:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 5:24 PM, Blogger BostonDave said...

Like your site - I think I'll leave some completely unrelated SPAM!... +)

My Red Sox

 

Post a Comment

<< Home