Saturday, September 16, 2006

Not a time to Gripe

There seems to be a resounding sound coming from those around me; that is, everyone seems to think I’m miserable because the Sox will not be in the postseason for the first time since 2002. What people still don’t seem to get is that this is not what’s upsetting me.

Rather, what disturbs and discourages me is the attitude people have that not making the postseason is the end of the world, that the whole point is winning, that what matters is being the best in the world. Instead of seeing that baseball is about playing, learning, growing, accepting, striving, overcoming, and being the best you can be as people and players, not just in the standings.

This is how I see it. This is why I love the game. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home