Sunday, May 29, 2005

Friday @ NYY

Yankees - 6
Red Sox - 3

OK so we get swept by the Jays and than lose to the Yanks so its been getting me thinking: Where are we going wrong? What position do we need to fill to improve?

The truth is this lineup is great on paper – all these guys work great, but none of them are performing. It’s a group of underachievers right now. And when great players are not performing, are underachieving – who’s to blame? In my opinion, it’s the coaching that should be blamed. Its your job as a coach to push these guys.

Officially Sveum needs to be sacked. The End. Oh yeah why not FranCOMA too. Because this is totally pathetic. There were too many blown calls for me to start with. It’s the coaches job to jumpstart a team, and if anything, the Red Sox coaching staff has made this team happy can complacent. If they can’t get some excitement in this club they need to find a new home. When this team has fun and is pushing they win. Simple as that. And this coaching staff is NOT doing their job getting these guys to play.

I hereby am offering my services free to Epstein. I guarantee you I will not do worse than Francona has this month, so why not risk it? But than again, Hazel Mae could manage this club better than Terry.

I love to write silly stories and antidotes – little pieces here and there but its hard to take a light tone when the problems are this deep and dark.

Beautiful:
Edgar Renteria: 3-4.

Ugly:
Johnson allowed 5 hits but only 1 run in the 6th and got the win. That’s just bad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home