Wednesday, April 27, 2005

DL troubles

Wells and Schilling are going to the DL.
OMG WE HAVE LOST 60% OF OUR PITCHING STAFF?!

My Reaction: who cares?
Schilling is 1-2 with a 7.13 ERA
Wells 2-3 with a 4.91 ERA
Both with 20 K's on the year.

Schilling wasn't ready to come back anyway. At least now he'll get the rest and repair he needs. And Wells? Who wanted him anyway?
I'll take Papalbon or Halama over him any day.

So what if Schilling and Wells are gone? They weren't doing good for us anyway -- in games we pitched we wasted run support -- at least now we can give it to guys like Arroyo who put us in the position to win.

Don't pitch me the well the sox were .500 till July last year - BECAUSE THIS ISN'T LAST YEAR!

This will force the pen to step up. It will force Theo to look into trades. I want Wells gone. I want Schilling out too. His job was to win the WS, he did that. Now dump him. Find someone new, young, who can continue the organization. We need another Arroyo, we have enough guys with veteran ability and experience. We need fresh legs.

I'm sick of hearing WEEI - they have the most idiotic pregame talk show ever, yes even more so than the Yankees. Everyone calling in, no one having a real opinion. Everyone living in the past.

I got news folks, so what we won ONE WORLD SERIES bringing our total to 6. Get complacent - I don't care. All the old folks out there - you got what you wanted. Now you can "die in peace" but I can't because I don't want to die knowing this is the only one I got. This team better step up and I have faith they will. But I will critique until the end because in my heart I know they can do better than what they are right now.

YET IT IS STILL APRIL - so calm down and shut up about two guys that didn't mean anything going to the DL. It is a good thing for the Sox. But don't live in the falsehood that we can do what we did last year - playing .500 and than stepping up. Because this year - competitions tougher and everyone's watching us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home