Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Go Cardinals

Go Cardinals?
No way, but all the same…. Is it me or does winning feel funny?
We aren’t the team to win…. It feels like I’ve been taught subconsciously that we are supposed to lose. It’s a given; life, death, taxes, Red Sox choking… it’s the ultimate struggle of mankind… the Red Sox working to greatness…. I love this team win or lose… and now people think I’m a bandwagon fan because I’m rooting for them in the year they win.
The bandwagon fans tick me off. I cant believe the number of brand new fans and brand new hats I see…They can’t even name our starting line up or even more than 2 pitchers. All the good is starting to get aggravating.
If/When we win people who don’t even care will celebrate and some part of me feels it isn’t fair. I’ve poured blood, sweat, tears, joy, sadness, my life into this team….and now people who don’t care will pretend to celebrate as much as me? And as soon as we have a “bad” year they will jump ship. I don’t know about you… but for some reason its TICKING me off. Don’t get me wrong… I want this World Series win more than anything…. But some part of me regrets all this attention and fake joy among people.

Its like everything I hate about the Yankees is turning true about us.

I personally like being the loser with the sox jersey and cubs hat.

Yet I know deep down I love the sox and as JJ said: The diehards know who they are, and it will taste sweeter for us, so I say **** off to all the bandwagoners

All the same for your joy and my joy I want this win more than I want air.

1 Comments:

At 12:53 PM, Blogger seamus said...

Hey look, you've discovered one of the hard parts of being a yankee fan.


timlin wakefield schilling arroyo foulke embree

 

Post a Comment

<< Home