Thursday, October 21, 2004

Game 6 ALCS

I may have tendonitis in my right hand, but after Wednesday’s game in the Bronx, it sure seemed his tendonitis was no issue. The tendonitis turned to clutch big-out tendencies. No one could have asked more of Schilling- pitching 7 full innings giving up only one run.

Schilling is not the only one to be commended; the dirt dog hitters are; the guys we normally don’t think of. The Red Sox lit it up gaining clutch 2-out hits, and hitting a “controversial” homer by none other than Mark “K-Horn” (Bellhorn).

But that was not nearly as controversial as the 8th inning. Forget A-rod, more like A-fraud, or even better; A-cheat. I believe all my frustrations are summed up in that play; A-rod cheating like a junior high ballplayer, and then being called safe before he hit the bag,

Yet, for the first time, it seems, in history, the umpires got it right.

4-2 going into the ninth inning and all hopes rested on the Boston pen, which, as we know, is not always the most reliable thing. A bit unnerving with the Yankees’s 61 come from behind wins this year. 2 on, 2 out, 3-2 count after going through the same thing with one on and walking Sierra, watching Clark swing and miss was sweeter than my first kiss.

It was a game of a lifetime. The impossible had happened, the 4-2 win had brought the Red Sox to a tie series 3-3 after being down 3-0.

I have no words for the joy I feel. After three depressing games, the 2004 Boston Red Sox were back: back and better than ever.

The Red Sox had nothing to lose, and they didn’t lose nothing (or anything for that matter). The Yankees now feel the pressure; the Red Sox coming back, achieving the impossible; yet forcing the inevitable: Yankees vs. Red Sox ALCS Game 7.

I’m not going to brag, or say World Series here we come. I’m merely going to grin and be prouder than ever to wear my Sox cap and shirt, and come tomorrow 8 PM, you can bet I’ll be glued to my TV rooting harder than ever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home